Thursday, September 27, 2007

Roma Roma Roma

Jon has made it to Roma!! Thank you for your prayers. I feel very far away from him. I am also a little jealous. Okay a LOT jealous. There are a lot of people who feel like New York City is their second home... well I loved Rome when we went before it is an amazing city. So I kinda know what they mean even though I have been there only once. He had an uneventful plane ride. Which is good. He has already visited the Colosseum and had lunch down around the corner. Which was a suggestion in Rick Steve's book so if you are ever traveling Europe pick up one of his books or one of his videos. He has a great website. He is also on PBS every Wednesday at 12:00.
His goal is to stay awake as long as possible and then go to bed tonight. It is 7 hours ahead. He has a meeting with a missionary friend who has been in the country for 7 years. Brent. Some of you might remember him. He is a Calvary chapel missionary who has been there this long on a student visa. He has just returned two weeks ago on a different visa. Things are starting to shape up. We bought quad band phones to use over seas and he is unable to use it again. Pray I can get AT and T to answer and fix the problem. He usually handles this. As for me... we have sick children and that usually happens when he is gone. Today looks a little more hopeful. We also were able to move into a furnished month to month apartment. YEAH! It really helps for us to have our own space. Bye for now I will keep you updated. thanks for everything!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I seeing the time on this post right? OUCH...and I thought jet lag was bad. I love you and miss you very much. Rome is not and will never be the same without you by my side. Hopefully the doors will be opened soon and going to Rome together will be a regular event! I love you and I am praying for you hourly. Love, Jon

Becky said...

you are seeing the time on the post WRONG. I am not sure why it posts the time this way.

stephB said...

hey...we love you guys and are praying for you!